Providing high-quality pipework services for over 30 years
Founded by Mark Finch, Imperial Mechanical Building Services (IMBS) has been delivering pipework and plumbing services to the construction and building industry since 1990.
IMBS began with the contract at East India Dock in East London, which was, at the time, one of the most significant office developments in the flourishing Canary Wharf area. This contract included installing the heating and chilled water plant rooms for the centralised plant, as well as fitting the four-pipe fan coil system.
Since this first contract, IMBS had continued to grow in both its capabilities and capacity, with IMBS having also expanded into the international market. In amongst IMBS’s portfolio are a number of high profile contracts, including the prestigious Sandy Lane Golf Club in Barbados. Please see our Recent Projects page for further details on our other projects.
Qualified and accredited
- All our staff are fully qualified and hold relevant CSCS cards.
- CRB checked
IMBS welders are Class 1 & Class 2 INJIC qualified and can undertake the following processes;
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA)
- Gas Welding
- Tig Welding
- Mig Welding
- CITB supervisors certificates
- First Aid, Asbestos Awareness
- PASMA Safety Awareness
- Xpress Training.
IMBS SITE AND FABRICATION WORK
- All our plant and crane work complies with current regulations.
- Our strict in-house quality control follows procedures set out by independent welding inspection Companies.
- All of our fabrication, whether on or off-site, is subjected to rigorous, non-destructive testing, including 10% ultrasound testing and x-rays where required, this again can be verified by an independent welding inspection Company.
- IMBS is Gas Safe registered, whilst also being covered for all domestic and commercial work.
Who we work with
Our work includes both new building developments and refurbishments for commercial and domestic premises. We frequently work with office buildings, schools, universities, factories, manufacturing plants, shopping centres, large multi-dwelling apartment blocks and stately dwellings. We have also worked on large-scale council housing estates, dealing with their district heating systems and centralised boiler houses.
We have an excellent track record for delivering quality projects on both time and budget.